Sunday, August 1, 2010

Today was our sixth straight day in the studio and we're getting close to wrapping up the vocals for the record. You know that feeling when you say a word over and over and over again and all of the sudden it sounds all slow-motioney and twisted? That's kind of how a song sounds after you've been working on it for six days in a row, no matter how much you love it. So we'll be taking tomorrow off.

We've still got 18 days left of our campaign, and I am so grateful for those of you who have helped us get to where we are now, but the numbers don't lie and it's obvious that we've got a ways to go before this is over. It would mean the world to me to have your help getting the word out to people who you know appreciate my music or like to support the arts. Just remember, if every facebook fan gave only $10, we'd be there instantly.

This is a chance for you to be a part of the crucial moment when we brought this dream from imagination to reality, and I will persist until we reach our goal, no matter what it takes. I know by now that you expect nothing less from me.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

JM

1 comment: