Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday.


Monday. Our last week in the studio. Then comes mixing, mastering, cover art, and after that, the album goes off to be made into thousands of little copies - at that point it's no longer mine - it becomes yours.

I can't help but be touched by the fact that there are 65 of you so far who not only believe in my music, but have given your own money in very generous amounts to help make this dream come true. And I know many more of you are planning on helping before this is over. We've raised almost $2,500 because of you. We have three weeks to raise the rest, and I can tell you right now that it's probably going to be a race to the finish. But I'm completely confident that we can do it.

I've been talking a lot about money, and it's frustrating sometimes that money has to be a focus of this campaign. This album and this blog and this campaign really aren't about money. They're about having the means and the freedom to do something creative, and hopefully beautiful - something that will have meaning for people - and will also have the legs to be able to reach them. Money opens the doors, but the music- and the connection it offers - these are the destinations. It can be easy to forget that, but that's the most important part to remember.

I believe that my life and my work have a purpose. My view of what that purpose might be is always changing, but I know that no matter what happens, if I follow my heart and stay determined, the world will provide ways of moving forward. The last few weeks have been proof positive of that. And I know I'll look back on this as one of the most important periods of my life, and on you as the force helping to make it possible. Thank you.

I think I have a name for the record. Give me a few more days to be sure before I spill the beans.






PS. this has my name written all over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment