Monday, August 9, 2010

10 Days Left!


We're finally at the point where we can start mixing the new record, and as we speak I'm awaiting the first mix of a new song called "Leave the Light On".

With just 10 days to go and a little under $14 thousand to raise, it's going to be a race to the finish. I'm doing everything short of knocking on doors (if that's what it takes, I'll do that, too) because I believe completely in this project and my team and I are determined to make it happen. I've always been very proud to be independent, but it takes an entire community to bring a dream to life, and I won't be able to do this without you.

If my music has touched you or become part of your life in some way, I'd love for you to consider joining the 103 people who have already made contributions. Every dollar helps, and all of you who give $10 or more will get the new music for free, my endless gratitude, and the satisfaction of knowing that you are making it possible for us to do the following:

1. Have the record professionally mixed, and mastered by a Grammy-winning team.
2. Hire a publicist to get the word about this record out to over 250 newspapers and magazines across the country.
3. Produce a music video
4. Produce a fall tour of the West Coast.
5. Reach out to radio, tv, and other media to get this music out to a wider audience.

Again, this campaign is something I'm only doing once, not every time I make a record. A lot has been building to this unique moment, and with your help, we'll be able to take this music that I believe so deeply in and bring that to tens of thousands more people across the country.

Thank you for believing in what I'm doing, and thanks so much for your support. I can't wait for you to hear the new album!

No comments:

Post a Comment