Monday, August 2, 2010

Summary



First, I am excited to announce that we have a generous donor who will be matching your contributions this week, up to $500. So if you haven't given yet and were waiting for the perfect time, the time has come. And THANK YOU to those of you who have helped us reach this point.

We're just over the halfway point in the campaign, and I think now would be a great opportunity to reiterate what this is all about.

Here's the short version:

-Many of you have told me that my music has affected you or become a part of your lives in some way, and I'm so grateful for that. This is our chance to bring that connection to thousands more people without a record label.

-We're raising $18,000 so we can produce a new album, hire a publicist to get it to publications across the US, hire a Grammy-winning mastering team, and produce a music video and a fall tour.

-This is a one-time campaign, designed to be a spark. I'm not going to do this every time I release a new album. This is a chance to take part in one unique moment in my career and creative life.

-Everyone who contributes will get the new music for free, and those who give more will get other great thank-you gifts. (See the right side of this page)

-Although we need to raise it, this campaign is not about the money. It's about the freedom to do something creative on our own terms. Money opens the door, but this campaign is about the music and the connection it creates, and our ability to take that a step further.

-If every one of you who hasn't contributed yet gave just $7, we'd reach our goal instantly.

Here's a video using some footage from the my time in LA



Thank you for believing in me, and believing in the power of my music. I feel so blessed and fortunate to have such amazing friends and fans in my life.

JM

No comments:

Post a Comment