Monday, September 20, 2010

Stark




The cover photo for the album was taken by the illustrious Collin Stark (I can't think of a better last name for a photog), whose work I love, and who believes in adventure as a way of life, and does not compromise this belief during his photo shoots. I've shot with Collin a few times now, and during past shoots (under his direction, of course) I have smashed two televisions, jumped across a sixth story ledge with my guitar in hand, stood in a swamp next to a snake, and run from an angry homeless man. Collin tells me he once dropped a camera off a 9th story roof onto the street below,("Good thing it was insured!"), and he builds gigantic sets by hand in his loft/studio in Downtown LA - check out his website (you might recognize a few of his other subjects) -

http://www.collinstark.com

1 comment:

  1. that photo shoot was an amazing adventure. it looks great jm!

    ReplyDelete